Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Infertility Study

A couple of weeks ago I linked up to a local blog that allowed people who are experiencing infertility to connect. It has been interesting reading through the different blogs and seeing how other people are coping. I have to admit it it feels good to know that I am not alone (not that I would ever wish this upon anyone). One thing I struggle with is that I know people aren't sure how to talk to me or what to say especially if they have never experienced it. It is kind of like a big elephant in the room with awkward silences. So when I read/talk to others going through the same thing they just get it.

Through that blog one of the statements at the end was about a woman doing a study and if anyone was interested to contact her. I decided to do just that. When I started my blog it was to document our journey and to give hope to other women like me. When reading about this I felt like I had to join. Tell my story and be a part of the study. If I can help just one other couple, that would make me ecstatic! I was talking to a friend about it and she said maybe that is the purpose of this certain season of my life right now, I have to agree.

There will be 10 people involved in the study. There are three sessions over the course of three weeks. Each session being an hour and a half long. I will be shocked at myself if I am able to talk that long each time. My first interview/session is on Friday. 

I am a little nervous but also excited. I have said this before but I feel like knowledge is power. The more I put myself out there and the more I read and research this topic the better chance I have of being successful. 

Wish me luck!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Who are you kidding? You will do just fine talking for an hour and a half! LOL I can't wait to hear about it all. You just keep doing what you are doing. You never know the people you may be helping that are silent about it right now. Love you my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, you were right, I never ran out of anything to talk about ;)

      Delete