Friday, June 27, 2014

Painting With a Twist

We had our 3rd NWA Infertility Support group meeting last night. One of the suggestions when we met last time was to go to a local painting studio. You can go as a group and learn how to paint a picture. We all decided we would go to the "Funky Blues" session.

When signing up you can put in the comments who you want to sit with or what group you are with, so we were all put together.

It was a great atmosphere and vibe. A very eclectic range of music and a bar with wine and beer.

My place at the table
There were a couple of games that they play to break up the painting a bit and to keep it fun. One was a riddle/poem. For each thing you had it told you how many numbers to right down and the person with the highest number wins.

It started out with your color of hair, if you were wearing a sweater, etc. Then it went in to how many years you have been married, all the while you are tallying your points. I think we all kind of knew where it was going after that. The next one was however many girl kids you had you got so many points and boys were more points. I understand these are normal questions that people ask in life. Being infertile you learn to deal with it. But, that doesn't make it any easier. It was so nice to have the group all together at that moment. They understand the feelings when it comes to questions about how many kids you have. In the end we were all able to laugh about it.

Painting our masterpieces
The second game was much easier, guess how many corks are in a big glass bowl. I never win anything. And I WON!!! I was supposed to get a painting of my choice that was hanging on the wall but decided to just ask for a free t-shirt.

All in all it was an amazing night. I feel so understood with this group of women. I don't have to worry what I say that it will hurt someone's feelings. We just let it all out there. I am so thankful to have found this group and to have this kind of support through this journey.

I am a firm believer that people are put in your life for a reason. I may not know that reason now but am definitely counting my blessings.

The final result!

No comments:

Post a Comment