Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Deciding to go Natural

After spending a lot of time researching and thinking about things we decided that for now the donor egg/IVF route is not for us.  Not only is it very invasive and you have to pump your body full of drugs it is also $20,000 a try.  There is no guarantee that it will work.

On the same website that we used to research (Fertile Thoughts) I found a blog that sparked my interest.  I am so thankful that I found it because it really got me going on my more natural approach.  Thank you
http://one-in-ten-million.blogspot.com/, I am so glad I found your blog and you are such an inspiration to all of us that have POF.

I also found three private Facebook groups that have girls from all over the world that are going through the same thing I am, this has been a huge help as well.

The other hard thing about this diagnosis is that it has been estimated that POF affects 1% of the population.  I have found that this leads to doctors not knowing a whole lot about it either because they don't see patients that have it very often.






No comments:

Post a Comment