Friday, December 27, 2013

Barnes Thyroid Test - Final Results

I finished my Barnes thyroid test today.  I failed it.

There are two different ways I can look at this:

  1. I failed ANOTHER test - just another way of my body not functioning correctly
  2. Happy that I have peeled back another layer of this diagnosis and will be able to get some answers
I am going to go with the 2nd. (The first is what originally crossed my mind but I told myself to suck it up and that I need to stay positive).  Like I have said before attitude is EVERYTHING and you choose what your day will be.  You get a clean slate each morning when you wake up - you can choose to make it a good day or choose to make it a bad day.  

My average temperature was 97.2.  Based on the paperwork this would be considered hypothyroid. The interesting thing is that when I Googled hypothyroid and infertility there are numerous articles about infertility and thyroid problems.  This intrigues me and I can't wait to find out more about it.  I am scheduled to go back to acupuncture the second week in January so I will give her the results and we will discuss the next steps from there.  





No comments:

Post a Comment